By Neepa Sevak
Do you have a cold, chest discomfort and an irritating cough that may be lasting for weeks? If these symptoms sound familiar then you possibly have Bronchitis. Bronchitis is swelling of the Bronchial tubes or air passages that extend from the windpipe to your lungs. When these air passages are irritated, thick mucus forms in them. The mucus clogs up the airways and makes it difficult for air to get into your lungs. Bronchitis can be acute and chronic. Acute Bronchitis is caused by a virus that gives you common cold whereas in Chronic Bronchitis the air passages are continuously red, swollen, become narrow and clogged with mucus which makes it easier for bacteria to settle in the airways and become infected. Causes of Bronchitis
- Viral upper respiratory tract infection like cold or flu
- Cigarette smoking
- Repeated exposure to chemical fumes, dust, secondhand smoke, inhaled allergens and environmental toxins
- Contact with a person infected with Bronchitis
- Enlarged tonsils or adenoids
- Gastro esophageal reflux disease
Symptoms of Bronchitis
- Runny nose
- Sore throat
- Persistent cough
- Coughing up green, yellow mucus or blood
- Difficulty breathing
- Feeling of chest tightness
- Bluish color to lips and skin
- Swollen feet
Complications of Bronchitis
Recurrent or long lasting Bronchitis make you vulnerable to recurrent respiratory infections and also promote lung complications. A few of the most common complications are:
Pneumonia is a viral, bacterial or fungal infection of the lungs where the air sacs get filled with pus and mucus preventing oxygen from reaching your blood stream appropriately.
Emphysema is a condition when the lungs lose its elasticity due to troublesome breathing causing air to be trapped in the air sacs and impairing the exchange of oxygen and carbon dioxide.
Respiratory failure occurs when the body fluids become acidic and the lungs are unable to expel all the carbon dioxide that the body produces.
Homeopathic Approach to Bronchitis
Homeopathy, the most efficient solution to conquering bronchitis, is very successful in managing all the symptoms of bronchitis, and as well plays a significant role in preventing further complications and improves the general health of the person. Homeopathic approach concentrates on the body’s natural healing ability for a genuine cure of the condition. Homeopathic treatment does not treat the disease itself, but is prescribed on the basis of physical, emotional and genetic make up that individualizes a person. The healing response is the most arduous but harmonized activity within the human physiology and often cannot be enhanced appreciably without a comprehensive natural Homeopathic approach. Homeopathic treatment will clear up the infection, alleviate inflammation in the air passages, relieve discomfort, pain and pressure caused by coughing by opening the airways in your lungs and aid in loosening the bronchial secretions making elimination of mucus easier helping you breathe better and naturally. Its constitutional approach furthermore boosts up the immune system of the patient hence preventing recurring infections.
Another outstanding thing about homeopathy is that people on multiple medications can safely take homeopathic medicines. Homeopathic remedies are non-habit forming and have no addictive characteristics. Homeopathy has an exceptional proven safety record with the FDA with 200 years of clinical effectiveness. Since it treats in totality, it leads to a long-lasting cure, rather than a temporary suppression of symptoms. Since Homeopathic remedies are safe and gentle, devoid of all chemical toxicity, it is the ideal medicine for people of all ages, even the most sensitive like a newborn baby. Self Care Measures
- Stop smoking and also avoid second hand smoke.
- Avoid triggers of attack such as dust, allergens, etc.
- Avoid contact with persons who have Bronchitis.
- Wash your hands more often.
- Get lots of rest so your body has enough energy to fight the infection.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Try coughing up the mucus.
- Eat a healthy diet.
- Use a humidifier in your room.
- ½ tsp. of Turmeric powder in ½ cup of warm milk is an effective home remedy for Bronchitis.
- 1 tsp. of raw onion juice in the morning has beneficial expectorant properties, it liquefies the mucus and prevents its further formation.
- Include garlic in your diet, it is a natural antibiotic.
- Hot towel application over the chest in 3 consecutive turns for 3 minutes each followed by one cold towel turn is very helpful in Acute as well as Chronic Bronchitis.
- Vitamin C intake like fresh orange juice or fresh lemonade is very helpful in preventing and hastening cure of respiratory infections.
- Fresh air and outdoor exercises are essential for Bronchitis patients.
Hence, to avoid another season of cough and congestion consider homeopathic constitutional treatment to treat your bronchitis.