By Neepa Sevak
If you are experiencing aches all over your body and you feel tired all the time, after various tests your doctor is unable to identify any cause then you possibly are suffering from a health condition called Fibromyalgia. Fibromyalgia is a chronic pain illness characterized by widespread musculoskeletal pain, and multiple tender body points including the neck, shoulders, chest, back, hips, upper and lower extremities--where the pain is felt in response to slightest pressure. The pain can be so severe that it may significantly limit a person’s ability to work and perform everyday tasks. There are other medical problems that are often confused with Fibromyalgia, such as Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Thyroid disease, Myofascial pain syndrome, Lyme disease or Mononucleosis.
Symptoms of Fibromyalgia
- Pain that changes intensity
- Multiple tender points
- Sleep disturbances
- Morning stiffness
- Chronic headaches and jaw pain
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Excessively painful menstrual periods
- Numbness and tingling sensation in hands and feet
- Restless legs syndrome
- Reduced exercise tolerance
- Sensitiveness to odors, noises, weather, light, touch
- Skin sensitivity and rashes
- Cognitive and memory problems
- Impaired co-ordination
- Anxiety, depression
- Ringing in the ears and dizziness
Causes of Fibromyalgia
The cause of Fibromyalgia is not known, but there are probably multiple factors involved.
- Physical or emotional stress or traumatic events like an automobile accident.
- Repetitive injuries.
- It can run in families.
- It can develop secondary to rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis (spinal arthritis), or systemic lupus erythematosus. Although Fibromyalgia is often considered an arthritis related condition, it is not truly a form of arthritis because it does not cause inflammation or damage to the joints, muscles, or other tissues.
Homeopathic Approach to Fibromyalgia
At present, in conventional medicine there is no specific treatment for fibromyalgia other than analgesics, nonsteroidal anti-Inflammatory drugs, antidepressants and sleep medication. Homeopathy is the only form of treatment that has shown an overwhelming positive response in treating fibromyalgia. Constitutionally prescribed homeopathic remedies can effectively and permanently reduce pain and other symptoms of fibromyalgia.
Homeopathic medicines treat by strengthening our vital force which is an intelligent energy principle in our body that balances many functions and provides protection from illness. In case of an illness, the symptoms are the signals or the outcry of the Vital Force for the help. A homeopathic medicine decodes them with its natural and holistic remedial powers and attains CURE.
Homeopathic treatment being based on the hypothesis of "like cures like" and a deep emphasis on the principles of holistic medicine (treat the whole person), its remedies work by stimulating the body's own healing power by introducing tiny doses of natural substances that stimulates a person's immune system and defense system to correct itself naturally. Due to the individualized approach of Homeopathy a remedy which matches all of your symptoms will stimulate your vital force to restore balance and health.
The appropriate Homeopathic treatment for fibromyalgia depends on the individual's constitutional type. A constitutional type is defined as a person's physical, emotional, and psychological makeup. An experienced Homeopath assesses all of these factors when determining the most appropriate remedy for each individual. Self Help for Fibromyalgia
Along with Homeopathic medications these are the few things you can do to minimize the impact of Fibromyalgia in your life.
- Get at least eight hours of sleep a night.
- Eat a well nutritious diet that gives you more energy and makes you generally feel better.
- Eat several small meals during the day to keep a steady supply of protein and carbohydrate available for proper muscle function.
- Maintain a healthy lifestyle.
- Exercising regularly.
- Make changes at work
- Pace yourself.
- Take hot baths or showers to soothe soreness, increase circulation, and relieve stiffness.
- Cut back on caffeine, alcohol, and sugar, which often cause fatigue.
Hence every individual suffering from fibromyalgia must consider homeopathy to provide relief and lifetime cure. Homeopathic treatment works like magic, it can alter a person’s life from one of distress to one of health.