Welcome to the AMCH Department of International Affairs. Our department seeks to form partnerships with similar colleges around the world so that we can promote the growth of homeopathic medicine on a global scale. We acknowledge that there is strength in numbers and hope to form a strong international network of practitioners and institutions. We welcome letters of introduction from homeopaths and healthcare centers in both developing and industrial nations, and look forward to learning from each other. The Director of this Department is Dr. Lauri Grossman DC. You may reach her at international affairs@AMCofH.org
Non Governmental Organization Status
In January 2013, The United Nations Committee on Non-Governmental Organizations decided to recommend Special consultative status with the Economic and Social Council to the American Medical College of Homeopathy. This recommendation is subject to the approval of the Economic and Social Council, which will consider and take action on the Committee's recommendation at its substantive session scheduled for late July 2013.
The mission of the Department of International Affairs is to promote cross cultural exchange at the American Medical College of Homeopathy and abroad.
The vision of the AMCH Department of International Affairs is to build international bridges between AMCH and other homeopathic training programs around the world and thereby promote the growth of homeopathic medicine.
1. Conduct orientation programs for new students.
2. Offer assistance with administrative concerns, immigration advisement and personal counseling.
3. Provide referral to other campus agencies as required.
4. Help give international students opportunities to participate in programs designed to introduce students to various aspects of US culture and history.
5. Promote cross cultural exchange between international and national students at AMCH.
6. Promote international learning opportunities for AMCH students.
7. Promote international teaching opportunities for visiting international teachers and for AMCH Faculty abroad.
8. Promote cross-cultural research opportunities in partnership with the AMCH Department of Research.
9. Coordinate efforts with the Department of AMCH Community Medicine.
10. Help students gain understanding, acquire knowledge and develop skills for living in a globally interdependent and culturally diverse world. All AMCH Back Up procedures will be tested monthly for accuracy and reliability.
Click here for a listing of international homeopathic resources. Click here for an article about legal and regulatory practices in the United States.
Click on this section for links to international resources.