Welcome to the AMCH Department of International Affairs. Our department seeks to form partnerships with similar colleges around the world so that we can promote the growth of homeopathic medicine on a global scale. We acknowledge that there is strength in numbers and hope to form a strong international network of practitioners and institutions. We welcome letters of introduction from homeopaths and healthcare centers in both developing and industrial nations, and look forward to learning from each other. The Director of this Department is Dr. Lauri Grossman DC. You may reach her at international affairs@AMCofH.org
Non Governmental Organization Status
In July 2013, The United Nations decided to award NGO status to the Amedical Medical College of Homeopathy. The term NGO originated from the United Nations (UN), and is normally used to refer to organizations that are not a part of the government and are not conventional for-profit businesses. International non-governmental organizations have a history dating back to at least 1839. They were important in the anti-slavery and the women's suffrage movements, and reached a peak at the time of the World Disarmament Conference. However, the phrase "non-governmental organization" only came into popular use with the establishment of the United Nations Organization in 1945 with provisions in the United Nations Charter for a consultative role for organizations which are neither governments nor member states.
What Does NGO Mean for AMCH and the Homeopathic Community?
The AMCH NGO will be dedicated to promoting homeopathic education, research and clinical care both internationally and in underserved populations in North America. Achievement of NGO status will bring the following potential benefits to AMCH and the homeopathic community:
1. Allows us to have a more direct presence in disaster relief in this country (eg. 911 and Katrina);
2. Allows us to have more direct presence in disaster relief abroad (eg. Haiti);
3. Facilitates partnering with other well-established NGO's to enhance our ability to reach our goals and serve our mission;
4. Facilitates partnering internationally with other homeopathic colleges, non-profits and foundations;
5. Makes AMCH more eligible for international grant funding that is only available to NGO’s
6. Expands awareness of AMCH in the larger homeopathic community
7. Expands awareness of homeopathy through the international healthcare community
8. Recognizes the practice of homeopathy as legitimate, effective and science based and recognizes AMCH as a center of excellence in the field.
If you are interested in participating in International Work or disaster relief in the US or if you have ties to health care efforts in other countries, please contact Dr. Lauri Grossman, Director of International Studies at the American Medical College of Homeopathy.
AMCH Department of International Affairs Mission, Vision and Goals
The mission of the Department of International Affairs is to promote cross cultural exchange at the American Medical College of Homeopathy and abroad.
The vision of the AMCH Department of International Affairs is to build international bridges between AMCH and other homeopathic training programs around the world and thereby promote the growth of homeopathic medicine.
1. Conduct orientation programs for new students.
2. Offer assistance with administrative concerns, immigration advisement and personal counseling.
3. Provide referral to other campus agencies as required.
4. Help give international students opportunities to participate in programs designed to introduce students to various aspects of US culture and history.
5. Promote cross cultural exchange between international and national students at AMCH.
6. Promote international learning opportunities for AMCH students.
7. Promote international teaching opportunities for visiting international teachers and for AMCH Faculty abroad.
8. Promote cross-cultural research opportunities in partnership with the AMCH Department of Research.
9. Coordinate efforts with the Department of AMCH Community Medicine.
10. Help students gain understanding, acquire knowledge and develop skills for living in a globally interdependent and culturally diverse world. All AMCH Back Up procedures will be tested monthly for accuracy and reliability.
Click here for a listing of international homeopathic resources. Click here for an article about legal and regulatory practices in the United States.
Click on this section for links to international resources.